WHAT MAKES AN ARTIST AN ARIZONA ARTIST?
ARIZONA ARTIST DEFINITION
These are some of considerations the curator of exhibitions will consider in qualifying what makes an Arizona artist.
- Has been a legal resident of the State of Arizona for at least 10 years or has spent at least 6 months per year in the State for at least 10 years.
- Can demonstrate Local, National or International awareness of their work
- Can demonstrate a track record of having sold their pieces to the public.
- Can demonstrate contributions to the AZ arts community in terms of time, money, work, collaboration, teaching/education, etc.
- Can demonstrate recognition in the form of awards, nominations, honorable mentions, etc.
- Can demonstrate work having been displayed in museums, galleries, art shows/festivals, local representation, public display, etc.
- Artists who meet the criteria but are deceased will be considered posthumously.
- Art is a fluctuating and flexible term that includes but is not limited to:
- Fine Art printmaking
- Decorative arts
- Performance Art
- Mixed Media